Development and Support for Early Career Teachers
From September 2021, the Department for Education is funding an entitlement for all early career teachers to access high-quality professional development at the start of their career. New teachers will now receive development support and training over two years, underpinned by the Early Career Framework.
The offer for early career teachers includes:
- 2 years of new, funded, high-quality training
- freely available high-quality development materials based on the ECF
- funding for 5% time away from the classroom for teachers in their second year
- a dedicated mentor and support for these mentors including access to funded high-quality training
- funding to cover mentors’ time with the mentee in the second year of teaching
Thames South TSH is proud to partner with UCL Institute of Education to deliver a full induction programme of support for early career teachers and their mentors. UCL Institute of Education is ranked Number 1 for Education in the QS World University Rankings. They are a world-leading centre for research and teaching in education.
Through a blended learning approach, including face to face sessions, self-directed study and online discussions, our highly experienced programme facilitators support early career teachers through phase specific cluster groups located in Bromley, Bexley and Greenwich.